https://secureservercdn.net/126.96.36.199/66e.9cb.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/schmidt_exteriors_logo-1.jpg 0 0 schmidt https://secureservercdn.net/188.8.131.52/66e.9cb.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/schmidt_exteriors_logo-1.jpg schmidt2012-03-12 21:50:022014-02-14 02:52:19Why do energy efficient windows help reduce condensation?
Will new windows eliminate condensation?
- · Condensation is a direct result of interior humidity and the difference between indoor and outside air temperature.
- · Warm moist are seeks a cold surface. This is a basic law of physics.
- · A glass with ice will form condensation. The moist air in the heated room is seeking a cold surface.
- · If you keep the humidity in your house low, then the likelihood of experiencing condensation is also low.
- · However, the efficiency of your window will also impact the temperature and humidity level at which condensation occurs.
- · High performance windows with low U-factors result in inside glass surface temperatures much closer to the room air temperature
- · Windows with warm edge technologies and non-metal frames are also less likely to have condensation on the frame or at the edge of the glass
- · Insulated, high efficiency windows greatly reduce condensation on the interior surface of the glass
- Note that in certain conditions (humid mornings after a clear night sky), windows may have dew on their outside surface
- This “dew” appearance is a sure sign your windows work. Your new high efficiency windows do not change with the exterior conditions.
- The dew will dissipate as the morning wears on.