https://secureservercdn.net/220.127.116.11/66e.9cb.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/schmidt_exteriors_logo-1.jpg 0 0 schmidt https://secureservercdn.net/18.104.22.168/66e.9cb.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/schmidt_exteriors_logo-1.jpg schmidt2012-03-27 18:51:232014-02-14 02:50:25How long will a window last?
- · Most of today’s windows are made from a frame material and an insulating glass “sandwich”-each component subject to wear, weathering, and potential failure.
- · Weather-stripping in the frame and moving parts can wear out with use.
- · An insulating glass panel may suffer a broken seal after years of expansion and contraction with temperature changes-creating a “fogged” look as moisture accumulates between the glass panels.
- · According to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), some windows can last up to 50 years.
Some of the factors that go into the determination include:
- Frame material
- Quality construction practices and building style
- Product quality
- Climate and exposure
- Routine care and maintenance
- Replacement of parts that wear with use with an AAMA Certified product that’s cared for, you can expect to increase the service life.